At the last Dulwich Community Council meeting we decided (in no particular order) how to allocate our limited capital to projects:
1. Artistically illuminate East Dulwich station bridge £10,000 – we think making the station area more attractive will help reduce crime and the fear of crime there.
2. Go slower signs £6,000 – residents often contact us that people are speeding on there roads but they don’t want speed humps. Where do you think we should put the 4-5 active speed signs?
3. Cycle contraflow on Henslowe Road £8,500 – some residents have told us its a long cycle round while others have told us they don’t like pavement cycling. This should solve both points but we hope to do it for a lot less than the ridiculous sum council officers have suggested.
4. Fix North Cross Road grot spot £4,000 – just by the electricity sub station.
5. Community notice boards £3,000 – they’ve worked well so far and more should work even better.
6. 20mph Lordship Lane £15,000 – we’re hopeful that with the new crossings on Lordship Lane simple signing of a 20mph speed limit will work making Lordship Lane even more attractive.
7. Trees on Lordship Lane £8,500 – we want to make Lordship Lane even greener and more friendly.
8. Goose Green School £5,400 – they’ve asked for help greening the school grounds.
9. Goodrich School £3,300 – they’ve asked for help greening the school grounds.
10. East Dulwich Crime Reduction fund £8,000 – some more funds for local Police to tell us how to reduce crime further.
11. Worlingham Road grot spot £5,000 – space between sheltered accommodation and 31A Worlingham Road.
12. Goose Green playground £5,000 – a little help to make it an even better playground.
Total £81,700 (with reserve of £312).